Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ok, so the bug that I thought was on it’s way out, was actually only moving around my body. It didn’t leave, it just took turns taking up residency in different locations.
After a weeks worth of the worst sore throat I’ve ever had, and the vomiting last Saturday, it went back to being a sore throat and headache, and general nausea. Then mid-week it moved to the lower regions, and I suffered another two days like that. Thursday night it moved back north just a bit, and the vomiting resumed. Fortunately the vomiting has stopped (again). Today it’s back in my head, in the throat and ears. And I can now feel it settling into my chest.
This is easily the sickest I’ve ever been. And I never get sick. This is frickin ridiculous.
And of course, I’ve now passed it to Troy. He came down sick yesterday morning.
I am now enjoying my first cup of coffee in days. That is at least a small pleasure. And last night I actually ate a full meal. A small one, but at least a meal. Something other than soup or crackers.
Frickin bug.

The boss sent me home yesterday morning, for the weekend. I was supposed to work all day yesterday, and today as well. I can’t help but feel like it was a bit of a disciplinary action. Although it was said it was because she knew I was sick, and wanted me to rest, and come back well, “with a smile on my face“, on Monday. I admit I have been a bear all week. But damn, I’ve been battling this crap. It’s hard to be pleasant. I missed a day of work last weekend. I didn’t call in all week, although maybe I should have. Even when you’re legitimately sick, in these times, there are still repercussions to missing work. I don’t know. Hopefully I am at least close to fully recovered on Monday, and can be smiley, as she asks.

I just spent the last half hour or so looking through my old blogs. One actually got me smiling. It was December of last year, a month after Craig left us. I was sad, and lonely. I wrote about a dream I had. And this is what I wrote… “This morning I had a dream about a man. No, it wasn’t perverted, you dirty minded fools. And I don’t even know who it was. He didn’t really have a face, so to speak. The dream didn’t really even have a flow to it, it was jumbled. But there was a man. And there were flowers for me at work. There was hand-holding. And I was grinning with child-like giddiness. It was silly, really.”
What got me was the “flowers at work” part. I don’t know why I would have dreamt that. I’ve never gotten flowers at work before. But I dreamt it. And now it is. That made me smile.
Lots of things make me smile now-a-days. 
I say a private thank you to the powers that be every day now. I have no idea where this came from, or why, or how. But I’ve finally quit trying to figure it out, and just enjoy and be thankful.
The four letter word that I had lost my belief in found it’s way into my life. And I am blessed.

Well, Herc and I are off to Dawson’s last soccer game. Because of the Saturday work schedule, I have only been able to see one game all season. And that stinks. The upside to being sent home, I get to see this last game.

Have a good weekend all.